COMING SOON

The Gossips of Rivertown--a blog of news and commentary exclusively about Hudson

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Your Lame Duck Alderman

The Democratic Primary is over, and, although endorsed by the Hudson Democratic Committee, I lost my place on the ballot to Geeta Cheddie, the candidate who forced the primary. A total of 90 out of a possible 218 First Ward Democrats voted in the primary--each able to vote for two candidates--and a total of 148 votes were actually cast: 55 for Sarah Sterling, 47 for Geeta Cheddie, and 46 for me. Since I did not seek any other endorsements, I am no longer an option in November. Sarah Sterling--running as a Democrat and an Independent--and Geeta Cheddie--running as a Democrat, a Republican, a Conservative, an Independent, and on the Bottom Line--are the only candidates and will be your new First Ward aldermen.

I offer my sincere thanks to all of you who voted for me and my deep regret that, after the end of 2009, I will no longer have the privilege of representing you on the Common Council. Three months remain in my term, and although I'm a lame duck, I will continue to work conscientiously for all of us in the First Ward and for greater good of Hudson. I will also keep this blog going--through the end of this year and perhaps beyond--to keep you informed about the issues that matter.

No comments: